Saturday, April 16, 2011

Trepidation

The nightscape of the city lays awake at my feet.
I can feel the moonglow inside of me,
deep in my solar plexus there lingers doubt.
My fear has held me back.
It held me trapped here.
I alone cannot take flight,
for my wings have never known the
feeling of flight.
I tremble within.
I’m so afraid to live, even
though I’m not afraid to die.
Yet I’ve been dead all along.
The song within me will never
be heard.
My heart stopped feeling a long time ago.
Just waiting for the rest of me
to catch up.
Every time I think of living again,
the same fear creeps up inside of me.
I feel it from within.
My third eye is wide open.
It is coming again and there
is nothing I can do to
stop it.
Life is creeping in.
Like Death, very much like it,
it swallows me whole.
There is no being inside of me.
I pray for  a soul.
I pray to spirit.
I pray alone.
Nobody really knows me.
Nobody has seen me from the inside out.
They see only what they want to see.
Or only what I allow them to see.
The night sky watches me.
Beckons me into the night.
The night is the only place where I belong.
Where I feel alive .
The pale moonlight illuminates my body,
although I still walk in shadow.
I cannot find a reason why,
there is no why.
I just am.
Let me just be.
I will take this city.
I have returned.
I have awakened
They will soon know just who I am.
But always my greatest fear is living.
In daylight you are exposed.
People see your everything.
Creatures of the Night…
I do summon you by my side.
Let us quench our thirst on this
fallen land.
Let us be.
Let us be.
Tonite.
What I am you shall soon see.
What you shall be you shall soon know.
For I was there all along.
Seeking within.
Dead or alive.
Inside.
Inside of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment