Saturday, April 16, 2011

LOST IN PHILLY


 There was no pain, there was no danger.
We ran, hand in hand down war torn city streets.
Oblivious to the roar of the 45, that was a constant
backdrop to our Universe.
We were lost in love, two soul mates running from
reality.
Then one day, like a fist of venomous thunder, the
Hand of Fate struck.
I didn’t see that man on the corner, nor the silver sheen
of his knife.
Yes, this is how it was, I felt you fall, only I wouldn’t, couldn’t
let you reach the ground.
I held you in my arms, and oh’ God how I tried to stop the bleeding.
You died in my arms.
My love, my lost love, I cannot breath without you.  All I can see
is your eyes staring heavenward, at some distant void.
And all I can taste is agony, as I watched your soul start to fade.
We took so much for granted.
We were in love, that love can protect us from our world.
And now how fragile life seems to me.
I am alone now, I walk those same streets a ghost of my former self.
A shadow whose spirit already walks with you.
I cannot bear this pain.
Everyday, every waking hour, is an hour of brutal torture.
This is not fair.  We had so much planned.  Our future, our dreams
Lost.
Lost to me.  Lost.
Until one day the pain becomes far too intense
And I see the gun lying there.
As innocent as we used to be.
Oh, God, the gun is pointed at my head.
I take a breath, the madness sinks in.
I pull the trigger.
I enter the void where you went after you died.
We are just a void,  just the empty space.
This is for you, my love.
Wherever we may roam.

No comments:

Post a Comment