Saturday, April 16, 2011

HEY GHETTO LOVE


To my lover, his spirit wonders
the streets.
Me, you left me here, remember.
Sometimes it’s so empty here.
The world is an endless void
without you.
I still wonder how you ever
left me here to die.
In this world, we were both
hated.
We had only each other to cling
to as the ghetto smoked around us.
But, it never bothered me, until
you went away.
And I cannot think, I cannot try.
I'm dead inside.
I choke on the memories, so vivid
dancing within my head.
Everything inside of me is longing,
yearning, dying to be with you.
So take me right out of this world.
Take me to our void.
Wherever you are…
Be my love, ghost,
your spirit I still chase.
But I am chasing a phantom,
through the alley, to a dead
end.
I don’t understand.
Were we not invincible?
We always thought that nothing
could destroy us.
But now the world is black…
Help me.  But I’ve already gone.
I’ve already lost.
I am not myself, but a shadow.
A shadow of something that once was,
but now forever waits in the void,
yearning for the ghost to return.
The love to resume.
Your love is what I lived for.
And you died for it. I will join you.
There are no guns in heaven. 
Then let be there.
Let us go.
Let me out.
Into the void, and into heaven.
Wherever you are, I will follow.
I will find you, your spirit calling.
I will get there, wait for me.
Please wait for me.
I will await my turn to die.
Until I can be with you.
You.
Until you.

Composed for Ghost. There is no such thing as Death. I shall see you again. Please wait for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment